Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Digital Storytelling Final Draft

CLICK HERE TO WATCH MY DIGITAL STORY!

This ‘A Day in the Life of Bailey’ digital story would fit into my future second grade math curriculum. Second graders are expected to have an understanding of elapsed time, and this video could supplement a lesson on the topic. Students will use this story by watching the video about my dog Bailey’s day, and then answering ‘Stop and Think’ critical thinking questions. The critical thinking questions require students to analyze what they have learned and take the knowledge a step further. I would use this video as a teaching tool to supplement my district curriculum. I might show the digital story to initiate a lesson, and then as the children to create their own elapsed time questions at the end of the video.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I think this approach will catch the interest of students because it isn't expected when you think of a math lesson. Also, to bring in a personal aspect will appeal to your students.

    ReplyDelete